Sunday, November 7, 2010

All dressed up, with somewhere special to go...



What are you looking at?

You're looking at a 6" x 6" x 3" tin that's been dressed up to be so much more than that! Since I'm going to be stacking a ton of cookies in the tin I need to make the "walls" much taller.

This is where we started... by lining the tin with parchment paper. I adhered (or is it "adhesed"?!) the paper to the bottom of the tin so it wouldn't move around too much.



Then I found the STRONG tacky tape. I'm going to use this tacky tape to adhere the scrapbook paper to the tin. Have you used this stuff before? It's STRONG! It's like double sided tape... the red is a protective layer that peels off to expose the other side of the strong tape.



Next I picked a few coordinating (and double-sided) scrapbook pages. These are a few pages from Stampin' Up's "Greenhouse Gala" Designer Series Paper. I wanted to use the yellow side for the "walls" and the darker/floral side as a coordinating border that wraps around the bottom of the tin.



I started by applying the tacky tape to all 4 corners of the tin... and then got ready to apply the designer paper.



A quick peel back of the red layer and it's all ready to go...





And once the designer paper is in place I give it another layer of tacky tape, but from the thinner roll. This will hold the next layer in place as the sheets overlap.





Apply all 4 sheets... and there you have it.



Then I moved on to the embellishment phase.



Turning the paper over, again I used the thinner role of the tacky tape, placing it in strategic places and making sure the sheets would overlap. These strips are 3" x 12". Then I used the scallop edge punch on one edge.





Next I used the dotted scallop ribbon border punch for another layer ...



What else can I put on here? The brown layer was just SCREAMING for a little birdy to join the party...



So I think it's time to load up the cookies...



And then we'll close up shop, with a few more layers of parchment paper on top...





Now isn't it all just the most adorable lil' dressed up package you ever did see?!

And Gramma's recipe for sugar cookies sure is D-A-N-G good!!! This package of cookies was delivered to a very good group of people... I hope they enjoy them!!!


What have YOU altered recently?


No comments: